Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello board restored old version, changes disappeared

Becci_Burden May 19, 2020

Hello,

This morning I was working with my Trello board as normal. I restarted my computer and now an old version of my board is showing, from last week. This is very frustrating; I've made quite a few changes and it will be hard to recall them. I've tried deleting cache/cookies but no luck. Can I get my board back?

Thanks,

Becci

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2020

Is it possible you have two copies of the board? If you look in your browser history, is there a url to a different board? 

Hi Michael - I've tried to open it through my browser history from yesterday, but it still shows the version from last week unfortunately.

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2020

Hmmm. It seems strange because we don’t have an offline mode in web version so I’m trying to figure out how you would have made a lot of changes but those changes would not have been synced to the server. 

In the sidebar (hit W) does it show the missing activity? What were the types of changes you made? 

Trello Capture.PNG

Here's what I can see. Obviously the second entry looks odd as it says 2 Dec 2019 - also the list it is supposed to be on ('Underway') isn't showing - it is named 'Current' which was the previous name from last week.

The changes were moving items around, changing list names, deleting a list, adding new items. They aren't all showing in the side bar, many are missing.

This has happened once before, so I really want to work it out! 

Like Iain Dooley likes this
Becci_Burden May 21, 2020

I normally use hibernate mode for my computer and don't close down tabs. It's possible I had two Trello tabs open for a while (for the same board) so I'm not sure if that could have caused any errors. However I have used Trello like this for months with no problems, so it would seem odd if that had affected it randomly.

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
May 21, 2020

Becci, thanks for the screenshot.  Can you contact us via trello.com/contact and send in the URL of the board (and a link to this question for referencing) and we will dig further?

Like Becci_Burden likes this
Becci_Burden May 21, 2020

Done - thanks Michael

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events