Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello board progress?

Ashley Schipper April 11, 2019

I am looking for a powerup or workaround that can show overall progress on a board I have created. The board doesn't necessarily have due dates - however, it has several cards with various checklists. I am using it in the typical "to do, doing, done" format. How can I show overall board progress on something like this? Is there some sort of powerup that can generate a percentage of items completed at the board level? Or perhaps turn a card green when it is complete? Something to show an at a glance view of the board progress. 

I look forward to any ideas the community has! 

Thank you! 

A

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2019

@Ashley Schipper If you're using todo, doing, done, then cards are in the done list complete and thus showing overall board progress?

Ashley Schipper April 12, 2019

Yes - however, the powers that be at my company would like a visual representation on each card. The todo, doing, done works for me! 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2019

@Ashley Schipper hmm okay well what about a Butler command that says something like:

when a card is added to list "To Do" add a red label and remove a green label and remove a blue label

When a card is added to list "Doing" add a green label and remove a blue label and remove a red label 

when a card is added to list "Done" remove a red label and remove a green label and add a blue label 

Ashley Schipper April 12, 2019

This is great! Thank you so much Iain!! 

Like Iain Dooley likes this
0 votes
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2019

@Ashley Schipper 

Hi Ashley,

Have you seen the Epics Power-Up by Screenful?

It's a nice solution to track dependent tasks in a Trello Board, but it also shows you the percentage of subtasks done on a task. (And it even works across boards!)

I have written an article about a bunch of possible solutions to track task dependencies. You can read it here: https://medium.com/@nspirITing/3-pioneering-ways-to-manage-task-dependencies-in-trello-9ae96d69680

0 votes
Kim Tillett April 11, 2019

Saw a great demo of a (free) powerup that allows the user to add a star to cards.  This might help keep track of things that are complete with a glance.

Ashley Schipper April 11, 2019

Neat! What is it called?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events