It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Trello automatically resizes images in cards?

Hi all,

For this past couple of days, I've noticed that all images uploaded to our Trello boards either by members or guests got automatically resized. 

For example, a jpg image that was originally uploaded in 3624x2048 resolution got resized down to 1200x768. 

Has anybody else experienced this? Do you maybe have any clue about what's going on?

Thanks,

Viktor

2 answers

0 votes

Hi Viktor! We're looking into this issue with our development team and hope to see some improvements very soon! Thank you for posting in Community about it.

Yes, my team is definitely having this issue as well. I noticed it a week or two ago, every image is now a max width of 1200. I hope there is a fix soon as we upload dozens of images every day.

I've also contacted Trello support concerning this issue, and this is what I've got:

Thank you for reaching out. We recently implemented a bug fix that pertains to new images being uploaded where we auto-resize the image in the preview state.

Right now, the quality of our previews is lower, however, selecting the bigger image preview and then clicking Open in new tab at the bottom will show you the original attachment in full resolution. Do you notice the original image is the correct size?

So for our team this complicated things a bit, but it's not that bad as long as the original attachment is available. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,499 views 12 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you