Trello api add PDF attachment will always return unsuccessful response

Jamahl M-D May 26, 2020

Hi guys,

When I upload a pdf to a Trello card. the response will always include this:
```

bytes: null,

isUpload: false,
```

as if the upload failed. But the upload actually succeeded....
This only happens when I upload a pdf

I tried to play with the mime type I used: application/pdf, x-pdf, image/png

Does anyone know how to get the API to return a successful response?

Thanks in advance!

3 answers

0 votes
Glenn October 12, 2020

Update:
I figured it out. The file needs to be in a form using system.io.fileinfo. I'm on PowerShell 7 and I believe you might have to get into some .NET to make it work on PS5.1.

$FORM = @{
    idList     = "xxxxxx"
    pos        = "top"
    name       = "TestTest"
    fileSource = [system.io.fileinfo]"C:\Path\Path\File.pdf"
}

Invoke-RestMethod -Method Post -Uri "https://api.trello.com/1/cards?$APIKEY" -Form $FORM

0 votes
Glenn September 29, 2020

I'm having the same issue using Invoke-RestMethod in PowerShell in creating a new card with a PDF attachment. If the attachment is a simple .txt it works fine. I'm guessing it has something to do with encoding. Does anyone have a code example in PowerShell with attaching anything other than a .txt to a new card?

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2020
Glenn October 1, 2020

Thanks for the tip, I posted over there and will relay the answer here if I get one

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2020

@Jamahl M-D I've never been able to make file uploading work in the Trello API, I just attach links -- internally they're represented as links anyway. You might like to review the discussion here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Mime-types-of-attachments-uploaded-to-Trello/qaq-p/1369920#M26380

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events