Trello and slack power up keep posting as personal users

Todd Moore April 29, 2021

How can we ensure that the slack power up posts as the Trello bot and NOT our personal profiles? We have tried many things to get this to work (butler is not a good solution, and we would prefer the formatting from the power-up). 

We have looked at other examples where this works as expected, but for some reason, on our particular board, which we can give you the details of if you want, we're not able to get it to post as Trello. Is this a bug?

To clarify, if someone else posts, my name is what comes up as the poster. The example below does not show that, but to illustrate, when John Doe posts a comment, it comes up as "todd" and not the "Trello" bot.

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 12.56.43 pm.png

2 answers

0 votes
Erin Burke
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2021

Hi Todd! I'm a PM on the Product Integrations team and we'd love to chat with you, you can reach out to me via email at eburke@atlassian.com smile

0 votes
Todd Moore April 29, 2021

We ended up using the slack app "Trello alerts" instead, the current slack power-up is pretty useless for us if it posts as a specific user.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events