Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello and Zapier for Document Customization

Jesse Forrest January 21, 2018

I'm using Trello as a CRM. Is there a way to use the "custom fields" Trello add-on and Zapier to customise a proposal document?

The idea is that during a phone call with a potential client, I ask questions about their project (i.e. budget, etc) and enter their answers into their Trello cards custom fields.

Then when I move their card to the next list on the board, zapier and another document generator (like Webmerge.me) will customize the proposal template using the custom field input. Is there an easier or better way of doing this? Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes
Kierstin Payne March 7, 2018

We are also awaiting zapier integration with custom fields. Trello just fixed some of the missing capabilities with custom fields, so I'm excited for zapier to integrate now so that we can begin streamlining our tasks with the use of custom fields! :) Fingers crossed that it comes soon. 

0 votes
Luke Ratzlaff January 24, 2018

Jesse, did you get an answer from Zapier? I would really like to do something similar as what you are proposing. I found this information on the Zapier site

Can I use fields from Trello Power Ups in a Zap
For now we aren't able to get to Trello Power Up fields in triggers or actions, so that info isn't accessible in a zap.

If you have different information, please share!

0 votes
Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2018

Hi Jesse,

Our API allows access to Power-Ups data, such as the custom fields - however it is currently read only, so only GET requests can be used to access this data.

However, the Zapier integration is not developed or maintained by us. I'd recommend reaching out to their support team at https://zapier.com/help/ to see if they can make use of that option in our API.

Jesse Forrest January 23, 2018

Thank you for your reply. I'll get in touch with Zapier.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events