Trello Templates now limited to paid accounts?

Susan Mullin December 16, 2020

My non-profit has been using a Trello Template to share with our constituents. Last week I found that there was no longer a button for "create personal board from template." And apparently our board is no longer a template! It appears that the ability to create a template from a board is now limited to Business Class or other paid accounts (not the free version). Is this correct? I was surprised this happened with no notification.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2020

Hi @Susan Mullin ,

Welcome to the community!

There is nothing like that! Everything is the same as before!

Only the way to create a board has been changed other than that everything is the same!

You can create a template in the free plan too but the board needs to be in a team and it doesn't matter whether the team is in the free plan or business plan!

So, you can enjoy the same experience as always! Trello templates are not limited to paid plans, Free plan users can also create Trello templates just like usually it was!

Susan Mullin December 18, 2020

Thank you! The step I missed was that you have to make the board public before you can create a template.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events