Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello - Small, but nasty bugs

Deleted user December 18, 2018

Hi,

I would want to use Trello as my main platform, but I guess you could do better in some small, but key differences.

Regarding MacOS application, I believe that is just the web page loaded in its own window, however the engine that is running that have some issues.

1) Latest Emojis version is not supported, which means that a lot of emojis are unsupported, in fact the versions should be very old I I can't see even some older ones there. It means that a user that can see these emojis on the web, iOS or Android version, wouldn't be able to do that on the MacOS application.

2) The MacOS app cannot be started "hidden". Usually people do put applications like e-mail clients, browsers, notes and other to be run on OS startup and they are starting hidden. That is achieved by going to Mac OS > System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items > "+" button > selecting checkbox on "Hide". If you do that, the MacOS app Trello wouldn't support the system "hide" functionality. The result is that instead of Trello starting hidden on each OS load, the window would show up. I've seen that same behaviour on other non-native apps that use engines to run the web page inside an application window. So maybe it is the engine the problem?

3) Not all of us have constant internet access, it is bad, because sometimes you start the application on system load and the internet connection is still not enabled. That will force Trello to show a blank screen asking you to press Cmd + R to refresh. The problem is that, when the internet connection is on and you do try to refresh, in many if not most of the cases - it won't show up anything, you would have to quit the app and to relaunch it. Which defies the purpose of putting the app in the startup list.

A huge request for the platform overall:

Currently there is no way to arrange the list of the boards in the sidebar manually and/or throw otherway. A workaround for that is to put stars on all boards, hide everything and leave just the starred boards and then you can arrange them. However this is a hack, a typical usage shouldn't involve "hacks" to do the normal things. I highly suggest you to add the functionality of one to be able to manually arrange the sorting of the boards in the sidebar. You lose nothing by adding that functionality and you gain a lot as many of your competitors, including normal to-do list softwares, have that.

More color options for the background, including the ability to use hex color codes to do that. Please! You can add that to the premium version if you think it is too much, however people shouldn't do hacks just to get the right color.

As an end I would just add that despite the huge user base it is always good to craft and fix these small things. I believe the reward on fixing these couple of things would gain a lot to your customer base. I think it worth the effort to do so. Lately you can see what Microsoft is doing, they polish everything in their OS, including things like the command line etc, they start polishing every little detail, knowing that these things would end up having great UX. None of the things that I described, I believe is hard to achieve and I believe it is well worth implementing the fixes, improvements and features described here.

Kind Regards

1 answer

0 votes
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2018

Hi there, thanks for sharing your list of items that you feel would enhance Trello. Please submit your suggestions to feature-ideas@trello.com

Here is a post with additional details:

https://help.trello.com/article/724-submitting-feature-requests-for-trello

Thanks and have a great day,

Jodi

Deleted user December 19, 2018

There are not just "feature ideas", most of them are bugs.

1) Unsupported emojis.

2) The desktop application doesn't respect the OS to start on boot times hidden.

3) Bugs on reloading the content inside the app.

Only the request to feature the ability to arrange the sidebar boards as starred boards could be considered as a feature, the rest are clear bugs. In fact I've seen them reported on the forum multiple times in the past months, why nobody took an action on them?

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2018

Thank you, the link I provided also had information on submitting bugs at the bottom of the page. Here is the direct link to create a support ticket:

https://help.trello.com/article/709-reporting-trello-bugs

The community is users helping users, but when it comes to Trello bugs it is best to report it directly to Trello support.

Thanks,

Jodi

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events