Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello: Shortcut to switch to a card from the search results

Florian Mühlethaler April 4, 2019

Dear Trello fans

I've been searching Google and the Trello community for some time now and find it very good that I can use Trello more or less only with my keyboard with all available key combinations. That makes me very fast. But I haven't found an answer for my question.

To change cards, I only use the search (/), because I have a lot of cards on one board, so it doesn't make sense to go to a card with keyboard arrows. Also filtering first and then switching to the desired card is not useful for me, because I often switch the Trello board as well.

That's why I like to search for my Trello card and switch directly from the search results to the right one. But I didn't find a shortcut for it, so I have to use the mouse for this action. I've also just tried some random shortcut combinations like tab or the arrow keys, but unfortunately without luck.

Maybe someone else had the same wish?

All the best and thanks again to Trello for making these great features available for free.

Florian

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2019

@Florian Mühlethaler the only way I can see to do this is to hit tab/enter to open up the search results in a new tab, then use the tab order to get to the card and hit enter to go to it.

It's probably faster to use the mouse though :)

Florian Mühlethaler April 9, 2019

@Iain DooleyI have tried your idea, but it didn't work for me.

I tried it this way:

1. type / (to focus on the search field)
  2. enter something to search

After that, I tried different things, like you suggested:

• hit enter --> did not do anything
  • hit tab --> which caused the name of the 1st list to be edited in my open board
  • hit tab & enter simultaniously --> did nothing

I would also like to point out that I use macOS and Firefox in the latest version.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events