Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello - Repeated Cards Show Up Multiple Times

Becky Schroeder September 29, 2017

I have certain cards set to repeat in Trello for tasks or reports I do every month. For some reason when it's time for them to repeat, multiple cards with the same task appear. I'm not sure if I'm using the repeat function wrong or what.

When I've completed a repeated card, I archive it to remove it from our current queue of tasks and projects. Should I be doing something else with these cards?

1 answer

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2017

Hi Becky,

Hmm, only the originally repeating Master card should be repeating, and that will continue on until you either stop the repeat or delete the card.

Are you perhaps setting up additional repeats on those newly repeated cards? Each time the repeater runs, it creates new and distinct cards, separate from the original. This means that, on one of the new cards, if you try to change repeat settings, you might end up creating a new repeat on that new card. This could make it pretty easy to end up with a mess of cards.

You can click on the word "Repeats" in the top right corner to see a list of all the cards that are currently set to repeat, and that might help shed some light on what's going on:

Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 8.31.51 AM.png

If you're still having trouble, feel free to reach out to us directly at https://trello.com/contact, and we'll be glad to take a look and help track down those errant cards!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events