Trello Private Board, but publicly viewable?

peteruchytil August 15, 2017

I have a small design team that would like to use Trello for projects. We would have about five people actually managing boards in Trello, but we would like to link cards to Jira and have anyone in the org be able to view them. Is this possible? Reading the description of private vs team vs public boards, it doesn't seem possible. 

More specifically, I have a team of 5 who will create and edit Trello boards and cards. I have an extended team of 50 who will need to view those boards and cards, but not edit. Is this possible, or would all 50 have to be team members? 

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2017

Hey Peter,

If you're a Business Class user, you can have those 5 members on your team and associate the board to that team.  Then, you can add observers to the team board (no charge for those), and the observers will be limited to only viewing the board, and can comment/vote if those are activated.

If a board is not public, it's not possible for someone that's not added to the board to view it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events