Trello Mac App & Chrome Extensions?

Alexa Prisco September 23, 2017

Hi there, 

I have always used Trello through the Chrome Browser on my Mac.  I have a ton of Trello extensions from the Chrome Webstore that I turn on and off as needed when I use Trello.  

I just downloaded the Native Mac App and as I expected, none of my extensions are visible.  

I read on the Trello website that the Native app is not working through the browser.  

Is there any way I can get my extensions to appear in the Native Trello Mac App?  I am looking for a solution outside of a "power up".  

Thank you for your time.  

1 answer

2 votes
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2017

Hi Alexa,

Unfortunately this isn't possible. Chrome Extensions are limited to the Chrome browser. Therefor they won't be and probably never will be working in the Trello Desktop app. 

What you could do, to get the best out of both worlds, is start Trello as a Chrome Web app by following these steps:

1. Open trello.com in a Chrome tab
  2. Open the Chrome options 2017-09-24 12_02_37-Mail.png
  3. Select "Add to Desktop" in the "More Tools" menu. This will show a confirmation box
  4. Fill in the name (fe.: "Trello") and tick the "Open in a new window" box. This will make sure Trello will open in it's own window (and work very similar to the desktop app)

This will create a desktop shortcut that opens Trello in a standalone window with all Chrome extensions enabled. 

Please do note that this uses the same session and settings (which extensions are installed/enabled) as your Chrome browser.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Maarten

Ben Edwards January 30, 2018

Unfortunately, this appears to only work on Windows as Chrome doesn't provide this function on Mac. Here's a screenshot of the options on Mac:

Screenshot 2018-01-30 08.55.57.png

Like Damien Brule likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events