Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Trello Keeps Asking to Reopen Closed Boards [Mac App]

To free up space on weekly Team boards, I close them. I am not deleting them, but just want them closed, so I can later refer to them. (I am required to keep records of what was accomplished.)

After closing a board, every time I open Trello on the Mac App, I see a prompt about whether I want to re-open last week's closed board or permanently delete it. It's annoying because I want Trello to open to the most recently used board, which is for the current week.

Is this a bug? I'm expecting that closing a board will effectively hide it unless I choose to view my closed boards. It's annoying. I'd rather not have the weekly team boards cluttering up my personal boards, but to hide them for archive purposes.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Atlassian Team Sep 28, 2020

Hi Jaya,

Do you maybe have that specific board set as the default board in the Mac app? That's the only thing I can think of that would be bringing that message up; when you load the app, it goes right to that board, closed or not, and offers to reopen it, but if you reset the default board, you'll stop seeing that.

You can do that from the 'Boards' menu when you have the app open, either resetting it, or setting a new board as the default!

Thanks! Took me awhile to get back to you because we had wildfires going on and my computer was packed up. I didn't know about setting a default board so had none set. Tried setting the new week's board as default, and that seems to have solved my problem. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: Your favorite Trello blog takeaway

Hello friends! From the community that brought you Welcome Wednesday, Throwback Thursday and Friday Fun, welcome to Taco Tuesday, a weekly discussion about all things Trello. The best part? One Tac...

205 views 10 9
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you