Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello Keeps Asking to Reopen Closed Boards [Mac App]

Jaya Savannah September 25, 2020

To free up space on weekly Team boards, I close them. I am not deleting them, but just want them closed, so I can later refer to them. (I am required to keep records of what was accomplished.)

After closing a board, every time I open Trello on the Mac App, I see a prompt about whether I want to re-open last week's closed board or permanently delete it. It's annoying because I want Trello to open to the most recently used board, which is for the current week.

Is this a bug? I'm expecting that closing a board will effectively hide it unless I choose to view my closed boards.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2020

Hi Jaya,

Do you maybe have that specific board set as the default board in the Mac app? That's the only thing I can think of that would be bringing that message up; when you load the app, it goes right to that board, closed or not, and offers to reopen it, but if you reset the default board, you'll stop seeing that.

You can do that from the 'Boards' menu when you have the app open, either resetting it, or setting a new board as the default!

Jaya Savannah October 15, 2020

Thanks! Took me awhile to get back to you because we had wildfires going on and my computer was packed up. I didn't know about setting a default board so had none set. Tried setting the new week's board as default, and that seems to have solved my problem. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events