Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello: How to set custom reminder time when setting due date by using Trello REST API

Nguyen Tien Nhan June 8, 2020

I noticed that Trello REST API allows setting due datetime. However, how can I set this reminder time when using Trello REST API?

file-e384wqRukm

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2020

@Nguyen Tien Nhan no this is sort of a "user setting", that is, each user might choose a different notification interval, so it wouldn't really make sense to set this via the API. 

Chris Marts July 21, 2020

Hey Iain - from my testing, this is not a user setting. When I assign myself and another user to a card and set a due date and a reminder, both users see the same reminder interval. And if one user changes the reminder interval, the other user sees this same change.

I actual prefer this behavior and we use it all the time so we can set cards with reminders, say, 1 day out, and when the reminder comes up, we shorten the interval, to say 2 hours, so whoever is assigned to the card will get another reminder closer to the due date if the due date is still not complete.

Depending on what the card represents, we may change the reminder interval several times, usually done by somebody in a project/task manager role.

For this reason, like the OP, we'd love to see this exposed by the API as well as the Butler automation feature, as we have scenarios where we create cards with the API or via Butler rules but don't have the ability to set the reminder interval.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events