Trello: How do I unstar a board that has been archived?

Kevin Pedersen April 16, 2019

I have a board that was starred as a favorite and it has now been archived by the admin of that board. I am unable to unstar the board, so its always there in my favorites, but the usual options of unstarring a board are unavailable. 

The board doesn’t appear in my list of starred boards, but it has persisted on the landing page that shows all the boards I belong to.

Any ideas?

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2019

@Kevin Pedersen I was unable to reproduce this. I did the following:

1) Logged into 2 separate Trello accounts A and B

2) Created a new board from account A

3) Invited account B onto that board

4) Using account B, starred the board

5) Using account A (admin) archived the board

6) Observed that the board immediately disappeared from my boards list in account B

Maybe try logging out/in again. Also, are you able to reproduce the issue in a test case as I have done above?

If this persists, then you should send an email with a screencast (eg. made with useloom.com) or a series of annotated screenshots demonstrating the issue, along with details of what browser/platform you're observing this on.

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2019

@Kevin PedersenYou can try to unarchive the board, then unstar it, then archive again.  Obviously this only works if you have the necessary permission.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events