Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello (Free) to Atlassian Migration - administrative Account

Stefan Demuth April 2, 2020

Hello,

I looked through a lot of the documentation of the whole migration process and it is somewhat clear to me so far.
My question is where to start from the administrative perspective. As my coworkers and I are using free Trello accounts with my company's email address, but we are not using Atlassian.
I registered now for an Atlassian account, but as I don't have the Trello migration banner yet, nothing changed to my Trello account so far. 

Do I have to open a "special" admin account with Atlassian to manage Trello accounts?
Do I have to subscibe to a service?
Where do I claim the company domain?
Do I have to claim it?
Is it enough for everybody to migrate accounts but leave them unadmistered/unclaimed?

Ideally we would just continue to work on as we use to do it now, with or with out beeing able to manage accounts.

Thanks for any help.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeanne Howe June 2, 2020

@Stefan Demuth 

I recommend you read this community post in regard to the Trello Migration

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Migration-of-Free-Trello-to-Atlassian/qaq-p/1332240?utm_source=atlcomm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=immediate_general_reply&utm_content=topic

There is a lot to consume and understand about this impact of using Atlassian Accounts with Trello

Stefan Demuth June 3, 2020

First thought reading through the post, what a mess... but somewhat helpful indeed. Thanks.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ryan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2020

Hi Stefan,

If you not using Atlassian in your organisation yet, then we won't be asking you to migrate. We are in the process of moving Trello accounts on to Atlassian accounts, and are doing this with certain subsets of our users at a time. We'll definitely make sure that we let you know when want to do this with your account and all the details that you'll need to take care of.

Until then, you don't need to do anything, just enjoy using Trello!

Stefan Demuth April 8, 2020

... thank you for pointing that out I wasn't quite sure about auto migration.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events