It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Trello Email to Board - subject synatax to 'ignore' an area?

I have a system that uses variables from our database to send EMAILS to our Trello board.

The ONLY issue i have is that sometimes items in my {Job_Description} a character or two may get hijacked as it may have a # sign in it (think of a job description of #9 envelope, or #1 of 3 widgets). The # pulls it OUT of the subject and assigns a label to it. <--that's my issue. Now, that's OK and expected at the end of my path as I use it to assign Labels I want....I guess what I want to know if there is a SYMBOL or SYNTAX that would allow me to EXCLUDE my {Job_Description} variable (like surrounding with () or "" or ???) so that any # in it are ignored?

{Job_Number} - {Company_Name} - {Job_Description} #{Job_ServiceRepCode} #{Job_SalesRepCode}

1 answer

0 votes
Torben Atlassian Team Sep 11, 2018

Right now, it is not possible to ignore that. The # will automatically trigger for a label to be added. We'd recommend checking if you can get the emails to Trello in a different way, e.g using the API: https://developers.trello.com/

Thanks for the reply on this. I may just mention to my staff to stop using the # sign in job descriptions...(gonna be tough for #9 and #10 envelopes...) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,598 views 14 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you