Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello Email to Board - subject synatax to 'ignore' an area?

michael caufman September 7, 2018

I have a system that uses variables from our database to send EMAILS to our Trello board.

The ONLY issue i have is that sometimes items in my {Job_Description} a character or two may get hijacked as it may have a # sign in it (think of a job description of #9 envelope, or #1 of 3 widgets). The # pulls it OUT of the subject and assigns a label to it. <--that's my issue. Now, that's OK and expected at the end of my path as I use it to assign Labels I want....I guess what I want to know if there is a SYMBOL or SYNTAX that would allow me to EXCLUDE my {Job_Description} variable (like surrounding with () or "" or ???) so that any # in it are ignored?

{Job_Number} - {Company_Name} - {Job_Description} #{Job_ServiceRepCode} #{Job_SalesRepCode}

1 answer

0 votes
Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2018

Right now, it is not possible to ignore that. The # will automatically trigger for a label to be added. We'd recommend checking if you can get the emails to Trello in a different way, e.g using the API: https://developers.trello.com/

michael caufman September 11, 2018

Thanks for the reply on this. I may just mention to my staff to stop using the # sign in job descriptions...(gonna be tough for #9 and #10 envelopes...) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events