Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello + Confluence Cloud connection + authentication?

Michelle Rau good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2020

Hi, I hope I'm missing something obvious here. :-)

I have a had a free personal Trello account for a long time (personal email). 

I have a more recently created Atlassian account (work email).

And a still more recent Confluence Cloud account (personal email).

I am trying to get the Trello card previews within a Confluence page, and vice versa. I *think* I've followed the correct instructions to hook the two apps together, but the Confluence page just shows a Trello panel that says "log into Trello to see this card." I'm already logged in on a separate browser tab in the same browser. Should I be able to see a preview of the card itself on my Confluence page? And what should the Confluence page preview on a Trello card look like? Is there a particular sequence for logging in and/or creating accounts? Thanks for any insights here.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ryan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2020

Hi Michelle,

If you are logged in to the same Trello account that is a member of the board, then you should be able to see this board on the Confluence page. If this isn't happening, I would recommend that you reach out to the Confluence Support team here: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Thanks!

Ryan

Michelle Rau good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2020

Ah yes, that was the obvious answer I was missing! Once personal me invited work me to the board, I was able to see the card previews (top). The preview on the bottom comes from a different board that work me doesn't have access to. Now I understand what I'm supposed to be seeing. Thank you!

trello_card_preview.png

Michelle Rau good
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2020

And "bouncer Taco" is pretty cute!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events