Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello Card: Is there a way to autocopy cards from one list to another by using labels?

BBMS Researcher May 20, 2019

Here's what I'm trying to do: 

I'm trying to automate copying a card from one list to other lists depending on the label.

Here are the four lists:

Finished Posts

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram

Under the Finished Posts list I have a card named "All About Project Management." This card is labeled with FB, TW, IG; I need to copy this card in the other lists (facebook, twitter, instagram) -- Is there a way to automate the copying process?

Thank you so much to those who will answer my question.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2019

@Elver Ledesma 

Yes, if you upgrade your Trello plan, you will get access to all Butler features and can set up the commands as described.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2019

@BBMS Researcher you could do this by creating separate Butler rules for each label, such that when a card is moved to list "Finished Posts" that has the label "FB" it will be copied to the Facebook list, and then another that looks for the TW label and so on.

Butler is available as a power up, although on the free plan you can only create one rule so you would need to go on Business class to do the above. I don't think there's a way in the power up to do what you want to do in a single command.

Here is a Trellinator command to do the same thing:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/2ad9701f1095b8eaeef2952c458f1723

You can read more about Trellinator here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Elver Ledesma May 20, 2019

Hello, thank you for answering. If we upgrade our trello plan it will open all Butler featuressuch as "you could do this by creating separate Butler rules for each label, such that when a card is moved to list "Finished Posts" that has the label "FB" it will be copied to the Facebook list, and then another that looks for the TW label and so on."

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events