Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello: Can I import a CSV containing List / Card / Description columns?

Methyl August 30, 2019

I can find cut/paste and Zapier/GoogleSheets options to import cards in bulk to a list on a Trello board, but this only works one CSV column at a time.  Is there a solution that imports multiple cards containing a Title AND a Details from a CSV file?

For example, with a board in Trello called Fruit, and a csv list containing:

• fruit, apples, My favorite apple is the MacIntosh
  • fruit, apples, I also like the Gravenstein
  • fruit, oranges, I always enjoy the Cara Cara orange

Currently, I can manually copy one column at a time, and get cards that say apples, apples, oranges, but the important details like MacIntosh, Gravenstein, and Cara Cara have to be added one by one to the cards.  

Is there a one step option?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2019

Hi Methyl,

Zapier is the way to do that!

With Zapier, you can set up a Zap to watch a Google Sheet for new rows, and configure each row's columns to create a certain element on a new Trello card. So, your Zap could create a new card named whatever column 1 says, with the description from column 2, and populate a Custom Field with data from column 3. Then, copy the entire csv into that sheet to create the rows, and let Zapier pick it up.

Charlotte Greenman August 6, 2020

Thank you for this.  Been looking everywhere for the answer. I wish they just had an import button and a template in Excel we could use. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events