Trello Calendar auto populate into my gmail calendar via iCalendar

Susan Prosell July 9, 2020

so I have the power-up Calendar in Trello.  I have a gmail that I use for my calendar in iCalendar (apple calendar).  So how do I get the Trello calendar to auto show up in my gmail's calendar within iCalendar apple?

1 answer

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2020

Hi @Susan Prosell 

Welcome to the Community!

I'd like to go through this step by step with you if that's ok?

1. On Trello - click on the calendar PowerUp (to open the calendar), then click on the gear icon (top right), click enable, then copy the iCal link
  2. Open your browser of choice (Chrome or Safari), and head to Google Calendar 
  3. On the left hand side you'll see a list of all your calendars, at the bottom it should say 'Other Calendars' and there will be a little +, click on that then click 'from URL'
  4. Paste in the iCal link you copied from Trello and click 'Add Calendar'

It will have a really random name (it'll start with https://trello.com/calendar/), so if you want to change it, scroll to the bottom of the calendar list on the left, after you've had the little notification at the bottom to say that the calendar has been created, click on that and the first option at the top is 'name' which is currently set to the iCal link, and change it to whatever you want!

Then top left is an arrow next to settings, click that and it'll take you back to your calendar page.

That will add the calendar to your Google Calendar account, then if you hop back onto Calendar on your Mac, it should appear in the list but you might need to refresh it for it to show up. 

I will point out that this calendar sync is 1-way. Meaning that all your events will show up in Google calendar, but you can't move or alter them in any way, within the calendar event. You would have to open the card and change the date and time and refresh your Apple Calendar to show the changes. 

Let me know if that helps!

Esme :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events