Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello Background Picture Resolution / Zoom change

Adam Best October 27, 2017

My Trello Background High Resolution pictures are all zoomed in too far when someone changes the group board background.  

Any suggestions? 

3 answers

2 votes
Mark Millhone February 4, 2018

This makes sense if you are working with non standard images that the use uploads but I am finding the same issue with the stock images from UnSplash.  I recently got bored with my background image, tried a bunch of other Unsplash and then went back to my previous image and it was zoomed in approx 2x what it was before?  I am using Chrome in case that matters....

0 votes
wassim November 27, 2022

what I found helps is I go to unsplash, download the high res version of the background and manually add it through the custom option. I think trello just uploads a low res version and so you see it zoomed in and pixelated.

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2017

Hi Adam,

You're seeing your photos zoomed in when someone sets them as a board background, is that right?

It sounds like this is expected—Trello needs to zoom photos sometimes in order to make sure they fill the board, and to account for different screen sizes. We have some more information on that here, that should help explain: http://help.trello.com/article/1027-creating-background-images-in-trello

Carolina Biegun Elgue February 12, 2018

But this happens when I use stock images from UnSplash which are the pictures provided by Trello? Should they not be the right screen size already? I am also sure it zooms in more than necessary.

Heather Gudejko March 21, 2019

I am having the same issue as well. I don't remember having this issue in the past. Are there any updates on this? 

Eric de Weerdt June 6, 2019

Same here

Mathieu Gaudet June 22, 2022

Same here on Safari and on the MAC app. All stock background pictures are zoomed in way too far.

Courtney December 22, 2022

This is still an issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events