Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello Android the menu no long opens with a swipe

M_ Glass July 16, 2022

Since the update on 7.5.22

I am no longer able to open the menu when I swipe the right side of my screen. This is the only way I knew how to access the calendar and recient activity.

• I have a Samsung Galaxy S20

1 answer

1 vote
Eric Linnert
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2022

Hi @M_ Glass I'm Eric, from the Trello mobile team. 

The android board menu was updated so that it's now a bottom sheet that you can access via the overflow menu in the upper right corner of the header. From there, you can access Power-Ups and see Activity: https://photos.app.goo.gl/tCecMrr6u3V2n5pn7

M_ Glass July 18, 2022

I don't think that photo shows, what you think it shows. Okay. I think I figured out what you did now. Now, I'm just wondering, why ? 

Before, I had to swipe, then click on calendar. 

Now, it takes 4 clicks. 

Can we have both as an option ?

Could we choose one or the other? ?

Our company uses the calender several times a day. 

This has become such a proble.. we are looking for new software options. All we want is the swipe menu option back.

Eric Linnert
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2022

Sorry for the incorrect link - it should be updated now. 

As you can see in the video, the new UX adds 1 extra step to the previous flow which was implemented to better align our board menu design across all mobile platforms (matching iOS). If that is still problematic, I would suggest trying the Calendar view, as you can quickly switch between it via the view switcher.

Regardless, I've brought up this thread internally, and it is being discussed further. Thank you for the feedback and hope this info helps.

M_ Glass July 19, 2022

I watched your video. No idea what you have going on there. We don't have those options. Maybe we're doing it wrong. You tell me. All I know is, at this point. I found your old version apk. I'm going to just never update your app and keep running the old version. 

Eric Linnert
Atlassian Team
July 20, 2022

You can disregard the last video. I was under the impression that your company had a premium account and had access to views.

I took a look at your videos and just want to be sure that you are aware you can quickly access the board menu via the board menu button in the upper right corner: 

Screenshot_1658337260.png

This is the quickest way to access the board menu and get to the calendar power-up, by selecting the board menu button. Here's how it looks comparing the old UX to the new:

I hope this helps. I wouldn't recommend staying on an old version, as that will orphan you on future fixes and improvements.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events