Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello Admin Account

Remya Nair July 6, 2021

The manager who took care of the company account has been moved on with no traces/details. Other users have no clue what to do. I am trying to regain the access to the admin/settings.

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2021

@Remya Nair there are no "accounts" as such in Trello, unless you're on enterprise. You have workspaces which can have members and admins, and can be free or paid, and you have members. When people create boards, the boards do not "belong" to any account, so if you want you can simply copy the boards you have access to into your own workspace, then all leave the boards created by the old admin.

Remya Nair July 6, 2021

Thank you @Iain Dooley  I am not part of the workspace, another issue we had is one of our member forgot his password and when he tried to change the password, the message has been shown as a recovery email has been send to the old manager account and we are trying to figure out how we can change that email.

Another scenario is, I am member of a Board which the previous manager as Admin, and he is no longer here and we cannot change anything in that.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2021

@Remya Nair You can copy a board regardless of whether you're an admin. Just copy what you need into a workspace you create, and leave everything else behind. 

Remya Nair July 6, 2021

Thank you @Iain Dooley How can I address the 'Recovery' email settings?

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2021

@Remya Nair you can't, but you don't need to. If you have an account set up with an email address you no longer control, that account is gone. But you simply login to your own account, copy the boards you want into a new workspace that you control and leave the old boards behind.

Remya Nair July 6, 2021

Thank you @Iain Dooley . I will try this.

0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2021

Hi @Remya Nair welcome to the Atlassian community.

Please follow this Tello link for the steps. I believe you will end up contacting the Trello customer support on the same link shared.

Stay safe and stay healthy.

Remya Nair July 6, 2021

Thank you Subramanyam. But the problem is different, for our company we have more than four different trello boards, which all created by our previous manager. And while leaving he updated me as admin for one of the account and not for all. Also if someone tries to recover their password it is all going to a unknown email(which I believe the previous manager's email). So I am trying to get the admin access to the company account.

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2021

Are you a member of the Workspace the boards are in? If so, you could upgrade to Business Class and that would get you access. 

Remya Nair July 6, 2021

I don't think I am a member of the workspace.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events