Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello API - Get all Lists of a board with Lists Actions

Jérôme Marquis January 25, 2019

Hi,

I need in one request retrieve all Lists of a board but with the Actions linked to the Lists.

Because I need to have the created date and the updated date informations with my Lists.

For the Board and for the Cards I can retrieve all this informations using this query:

/boards/IDOFTHEBOARD?actions=createBoard,updateBoard

/boards/IDOFTHEBOARD/cards?ations=createCard,updateCard

I have tried to do the same query with lists like this:

/boards/IDOFTHEBOARD/lists?action=createList,updateList

But that's doesn't work.

Someone can help me ?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2019

@Jérôme Marquis you can't get the list actions nested resource from a board/lists endpoint.

You'd need to fetch all the lists, then loop through them and get actions for each one using the lists actions endpoint.

Why do you need it in a single query?

Jérôme Marquis January 29, 2019

Because loop through all lists make too much time when you have a lot of list and I quickly reach the limit of 100 queries for 10s

For exemple: 

To recover all my lists, I need less than 1s.
To recover all my lists with the date I need more than 15s

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2019

@Jérôme Marquis Yeah I guess it's just a limitation of the API, you can't get list actions as a nested resource from a board endpoint.

maybe you could get every single board action and manually filter them to only look at list actions.

Otherwise limit the rate you make the queries! 

Jérôme Marquis January 29, 2019

I've tried this too, but if I get board actions I have all the list of a board included the closed lists

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events