Translation as a PowerUp

Yasser_ Fontys May 30, 2021

Hello everyone,

If I need Trello (whether Desktop app or web interface) to be available in a language that is not supported yet by Trello, is it possible to make a Powerup to switch the UI to that language?

The API documentation can be overwhelming and sometimes what seems to be possible in the beginning turns out to be impossible after the development starts, and hence me asking. I was hoping that someone have tried it before and can give some insights about it.

P.S. We have tried Google Translate and its not an option. 

Cheers,

Yasser

1 answer

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2021

Hmm.. I guess that if a Power-Up is not localized or internationalized then it might get hard to change the language to a different one. 

If you already tried Google Translate and it was not working then it is hard to say what else might change the language on the fly.. 

Yasser_ Fontys June 1, 2021

Hello Mirek,

Maybe what I meant wasn't clear. We want to use Trello in Arabic but that is not possible because Trello doesn't support it yet. Therefore, we are considering hiring a company to develop a PowerUp which sole purpose is the translation of the UI to Arabic. I was wondering if the PowerUps API would allow for something like that.

Kind regards,

Yasser 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events