Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Butler automations to another account

Bushra Ghaniwala September 9, 2022

Hi, I have a lot of Butler automations for the workspace attached to my account. Is there any way I can transfer them to another account?

1 answer

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2022

@Bushra Ghaniwala hi! unfortunately, i don't know of a great way to do this, and it's something I'm going to try to be pushing for in future Trello updates! It's definitely tough as a consultant to build automation for folks. What I've started doing is creating a "service account", basically a shared Trello account that me and the client can use, and i build all the rules there so that they can access those rules. But unfortunately, I don't know of a great way to "move" those rules to another user... i would love for someone to come in here and correct me and tell me I'm wrong though!

Bushra Ghaniwala September 9, 2022

Thanks, Brittany. I really appreciate it. That's exactly what I was trying to do - I wanted to shift all my automations from my personal account to our Project Management shared account. I'll find the time to do it manually if there's really no solution. Thank you!

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2023

Hiya, 

I agree with Brittany on this one.  
One thing I do is create automation bot accounts.  Their only purpose is to run automations.  2 main advantages are being able to develop automations as Brittany mentioned about.  Secondly, it means that when automations run, it easier to distinguish an action performed by the automation and one performed by a human.

You can transfer rules by creating a "Transfer workspace". 

You have to tag the rules as automation libraries..

• Account A (where rules exist) copies the board where the rules are running (don't copy cards)
  • Account A adds account B to board
  • Account A shares all libraries with workspace
  • Account B downloads all libraries
  • Done

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events