Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total number of archived cards

James_Blacklee April 16, 2020

Is it possible to find a total number of archived cards on a Trello board? I have a board with hundreds of archived items so it's not practical to send them back to the board to count them. Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2020

Hi @James_Blacklee 

Welcome to the Community!

I don't know if there's a way to count them, but you don't need to add them back to the board to see them. 

If you click on 'Show Menu' then 'More' then 'Archived Items' - that will show you all the cards you've archived. If it shows the lists you've archived, there's a little tab at the top 'switch to cards'

The other alternative is to use the search bar and type in  is: archived however, that brings up all cards that have been archived across all boards, there isn't a way to just search the current board for archived cards. I found this out here:

Searching for cards on a board 

and 

Searching for cards on all boards 

Just as a side note, I personally don't archive cards on completion. I have a separate board called, unsurprisingly, Archive 2020 (Archive 2019 was last years!), and when I complete a card, and it's finished with, it gets moved into that board, basically so I don't have to search for cards and forget what I did and when!

I've created a card button to do this:

Screenshot 2020-04-25 at 09.58.04.png

So, when I click the button, it marks the due date as complete, changes the card name to include a tick before the original card name and then the date and time that I pressed the button at the end. Then it moves it to the bottom of the Done list on the Archive board.

This might not be something you're interested in, but I thought that I would mention it just in case! There are other Butler commands that happen on the Archive board because otherwise everything would be a great big long list. 

So last thing at night on the last day of the month, I have a rule that changes the list name to the current month and year:

Screenshot 2020-04-25 at 10.03.10.png

Then 5 and a bit hours later, on the first of the month, Butler creates another 'Done' list for me:Screenshot 2020-04-25 at 10.03.19.png

That means, that I never need to worry about cards going into the wrong list, because there will always be a done list!

Please let me know if this is helpful! Or if I haven't explained something properly! Or if I've gone overboard completely!

Esme :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events