Tips For Quickly Viewing What's Being Worked On In a Card?

David August 28, 2019

Hi there!

In my day-to-day, I have sometimes upwards of 4-5 active cards/projects at any time. It's no surprise that as I switch between them throughout the week, I forget what is currently being worked on/needed for some of them; so in order to remember, I have to click back onto each card and see the state of things.

What I really wish I could do is just glance at a card on the board, without clicking, and quickly see what's being worked on. I've started editing the title of the cards to give myself some quick hints, but I'm wondering if there is a power-up that could do a better job.

Has anyone else run into this?

2 answers

0 votes
Aaron Jensen August 29, 2019

@David have you considered breaking your longer running project cards into multiple cards? Each card could move through your To Do, Doing, Done lists (or however you track progress) and then the overall progress could roll up to the parent card if you use something like our Power-Up, Hello Epics.

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2019

@David I use a central board where all cards I get added to are linked back to their originals. I keep checklists/notes to measure progress and remind me where I was up to, and move them around to change priorities. My prioritisation system is here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/Task-shortlisting-with-Trello/ba-p/988117

You could link cards using Unito or Butler. I personally use Benko Board, obviously because I created it :)

https://trello.com/integrations/#benkoboard

But the setup is pretty clunky at the moment. I'm working on rewriting it as a google sheets addon! But it will always be gmail/gsuite only, so one of the other options might be a better fit for your purposes.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events