It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Time Keeping for Retainer-Type Projects

We are a public relations agency that uses Trello for tasks per client. So we have one board of just PR related tasks. They are sorted by where or who the task is with along the process. This has worked well for us. So for example, "Client 1: Case Study about XX", and that can be moved from Pre-Scope, or To-Do, or Client Review, or Completed.

So my question about time keeping is what Trello add-on works best for how we might run this system of organization. I've looked and see a couple that integrates with Trello meaning they push the cards/tasks into a platform to track the time. But let's say one client has 10 cards among the dozens that can be on a board, we'd have to manually figure up the time per client at the end of the month. 

We currently use a third-party, non-Trello integrated platform to do this, but we'd like to streamline. 

This seems like it could be a common need, I just haven't found anything so far that works. Wonder if anyone has experience or Trello integrations that can do this.

For example:

Task 1: BD Case Study

Taks 2: FF Press Release

Task 3: RW Editorial Pitching

Task 4: BD Editorial Pitching

Task 1 and 4 would need to go towards the client "BD", where it's pretty easy to run a report at the end of the month. Any good ideas on a Trello integrated time keeping platform that can do this? I've checked out a few and they all keep time based on the card, but I don't see how you can assign that card to an overall client.

We may just have to re-organize Trello, but this just works best for us how we're doing it, so don't want to end up doing that.

1 answer

Hi 

You can use Chrome extension : plus for trello.

This add-on allows to

- add a tag and from a report to filter by any tag.

- track the time

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,499 views 12 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you