Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three Attachment/Google Drive Questions

madmoneymike5 June 1, 2020

Hello all.

I am wondering what the difference is between linking to a file in Google drive and using the Google Drive power-up?? They seem to be two ways to accomplish the same thing.

Secondly, is there any way to organize files linked via Google drive the same way you can regular attachments?

Finally, if I move a file in Google Drive from the folder it was originally in when I linked to in Trello, does the link to it in Trello break?

Thanks!

1 answer

2 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2020

Hi @madmoneymike5 ,

Welcome to the community!

1. Mostly there is no difference only if you add power-ups then it will give you access to setting permission of the file.

2. You can only link files. organizing maybe by link one file to each card and organize those cards. This is what you can do. otherwise, you can't organize in multiple files in one card.

3. If you move a file in Google Drive from one folder to another while linked with Trello, it doesn't break your link in Trello.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2020

@madmoneymike5 to add to what @Soumyadeep Mandal said, the Google Drive power up will give you a preview of image and PDF files inside any linked directories

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events