Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is about assigning a task to ONE person only

Dante April 14, 2022

Adding a member is not a good solution because when later I run a search with that person name, it will return me tasks in which that person is ALSO a member but not necessarily the person in charge. 
It’s quite strange that a PM tool like TRELLO does have this basic function…..

2 answers

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2022

Hi @Dante Welcome to the community! Typically the member field is used as the way to communicate who's assigned to the card, but some people add themselves as members if they are a collaborator or want to be notified of the card. 

I'd suggest making it a standard rule that members should only be used as the assignee, and there should only be one member per card. If someone is a collaborator, then a checklist item within that card can be assigned to them, or if they're just wanting to follow the card, they can simply watch the card to be notified of changes.

An alternative would be to use a separate field to clarify the main owner or person responsible like a dropdown custom field or a label (see Roxanne's post).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events