Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The board hangs and refuses to load

Magdalena Kobyłecka March 24, 2022

Hi! We are a small company and we use the free package of Trello. From the new year, we have a problem with the smooth operation of the website. Currently the site hangs on every operation and it is impossible to do anything on the site or it is take so long time. We don't know what is wrong and why it is look like that. We've read tips on how to deal with it on forum, but nothing has worked. We tried different browsers and using the incognito card, but it didn't help. How we can fix it?

1 answer

0 votes
Drew Walker
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2022

Hi Magdalena, I'm an engineer on the Trello team. Are you on a board when Trello hangs? We've recently discovered a problem where boards with many cards cause the browser to hang, so I'm interested to know if this is the problem you're experiencing, or if it's something different.

Magdalena Kobyłecka March 24, 2022

Maybe that's the problem, even though we don't have many cards created. We try to archive everything on an ongoing basis. When I go to the trello boards, the site hang immediately no matter how many cards are open in the browser. Is it possible that the website hang due to too much archived data? 

Drew Walker
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2022

The same problem can also happen when there are large numbers of boards. If you haven't already, it may be best to go to https://trello.com/contact to raise a support request. In the support request we can then discuss things specific to your account that may be contributing to the poor performance.

We're actively investigating the issue with long lists of cards, so if I see your support request come through I'll make sure we review the information and consider it in the investigation.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events