Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team notifications to different email address

Boomatang January 11, 2018

Is there anyway to sent which email address is used for notifications on different teams. 

The example is for my work team I want the send the notifications to my work email address and from my personal boards I to send notifications to my personal email address.

Any help with this would be great.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2018

Hey Jim

There's not a way to send different board notifications to different email addresses.  To do this, you'll actually need separate accounts for personal and business and the boards be associated that way.

Boomatang January 12, 2018

Thanks for the answer. This is a pitty, I would like to have been able to use it that way. I guess I may change how I was going to use the notifications now. 

Like Manuel Amaral Netto likes this
5 votes
Uzair Faisal July 31, 2018

I'm also in agreement - this is something that makes a lot of sense. I should have 1 identity with multiple associated emails and with different potential teams.

• each account associates to multiple profiles
  • each profile (1 email address) associates to multiple teams
4 votes
Charlie Pinker November 1, 2018

As far as I am aware, Trello doesn't support account switching on mobile or desktop. This indicates Trello expects users to have a single account, and to do all their "Trelloing" from that account. This means many people will be using their account for both personal and work accounts, and so there's a valid use case for having each board able to send notifications to different email addresses (so work boards go to work email, and personal boards go to personal email).

It doesn't make sense to recommend users use multiple Trello accounts when none of the Trello applications support account switching. Do the Trello team really expect people to log out of Trello each time they want to look at a different board? 

To solve this use case, either Trello should build more capability to handle work/personal life within a single account, or allow for account switching.

2 votes
Lee Kantz June 21, 2018

I agree this would be a nice feature.

Manuel Amaral Netto December 5, 2019

Mee too!

0 votes
Manuel Amaral Netto December 5, 2019

This would be a great feature to add

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events