Team boards?

Ashley R. Smith September 17, 2019

I was added to a team with boards shared to the team from a business. She says things are loaded, but I can't see anything! My account is a personal/free account - could this be the problem? Do I need a business account to see the board(s) she's shared?

Thanks,

Ashley

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2019

Yep this sounds like a permission issue. They need to make sure the boards they're referencing are actually part of the team (sometimes people make a team, and then make boards but those boards aren't actually on the team, at which point being added to the team doesn't help). 

And make sure the boards are part of the team and at least team viewable, you can still have private boards inside a team, at which point only the creator will be able to see them. 

image.png

Here's a specific example. Have them check the boards in question, and where my screenshot says "Side Gigs", it should say "Team You Were Added To". And to the right of it, it should say Team Visible, and not private.

Ashley R. Smith September 18, 2019

Thank you so much! The screenshot really helps. 

Like Brittany Joiner likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2019

Hi there Ashley

Have you been added to the team or only the board? If you are part of a team you don‘t need to have yourself an Trello subscription as there is someone who has one for the whole team.

So when being in the team you see no boards at all?

They should check if the permissions of the boards are set right: https://help.trello.com/article/791-changing-permissions-on-a-board

Ashley R. Smith September 18, 2019

Thank you! I've been added to the team and just saw the board is still set to Private (and I'm not an admin, so... I'm thinking this is the issue). Just new to Trello. I try to do things cheap/free whenever possible lol

Like Brittany Joiner likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events