Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team Member Status on a Card-by-Card Basis

Yoel Ben-Avraham October 17, 2018

I'm facilitating of course with the diverse geographically dispersed group of participants. I'd like to use the board step by step basis. In other words, I have for each learning unit several steps, watch the videos, reading assignments, discuss the questions, exercise tasks and then a final submission by each participant for that unit. I am interested in having some way of knowing where each participant is at any given time. The two solutions I've explored are voting and custom fields. VOTING Voting seems like the simplest approach but I can't find any way of creating sort of label to indicate on the card that a person is expected to vote or create perhaps a young a button which will trigger this action. CUSTOM FIELDS The other Direction I explored was the creation of a checkbox for active participants in the course using custom Fields where each one would go in and check off that they had visited that card and completed that cards tasks. unfortunately despite having invested significant time and trying to figure out how to make this work I have totally failed and still don't understand how the hell custom feels is supposed to function. For my purpose please please please let me know. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Denise
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2018

Hi Yoel,

Something simple we do within our team a lot of times is adding everybody as a member of the card and once the team member has viewed the card/completed the task they go ahead and remove themselves from the card. See this doc for more on adding members to cards. 

If you'd like to use votes, you could consider adding a comment that the members should please vote or you could use a label to indicate that.

Other options are assigning each person a colorful label and have them add or remove that to the cards or add a checklist to the card where the individuals check off their names.

A help doc on how the Custom Fields Power-Up works is available here. If you'd like to further explore that option and have any specific questions, feel free to ask them here or reach out to https://trello.com/contact

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events