Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tasks in calendar and no longer in Trello board

bqueipol January 14, 2020

So, I'm not sure if this is possible or not. I've noticed that, whenever I complete a task, said task is always there unless I archive it. The thing is, if I archive the task, it does no longer appears in the calendar power up. Is there any way that, in the board, the tasks that I've already completed no longer appear, but that they do appear in the calendar?

I hope I have been clear while explaining it 😅

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2020

Hi @bqueipol 

Great question!

I had the same issue when I started and this is how I got around it, it's a bit long winded and please let me know if I haven't explained anything properly!

Start by creating an Archive board. I have a board called Archive 2019 and another Archive 2020

Then create an Archive list within your main board (where you complete/archive most of your cards)

Then open Butler and create a card button (or if you use Trello a lot on the native apps on iPhone, create a rule)

You want it to look something like this:

Screenshot 2020-01-15 at 16.41.08.pngSo basically whenever I click the Card done button all those things happen, but the card is moved into the Archive list and not archived, meaning it'll still stay on the board. I have it to mark the due date as complete, rather than setting up a due date command, simply because on some cards I don't have a due date, but I like to move them into the archive anyway.

I then have monthly Butler commands which move rename the Archive list to the current month and moves it to the first position of the Archive board, which looks like this:

Screenshot 2020-01-15 at 16.43.20.pngThen I have another command that runs 15 minutes later which looks like this:

Screenshot 2020-01-15 at 16.44.18.pngSo that it's all automatic and I don't need to worry about getting my months muddled up!

I hope this was helpful, please let me know if anything doesn't make sense!

Esme :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events