Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tasks Assigned to Observers

Wendie Hipolito June 25, 2020

We are able to assign tasks to observers but the observers are not able to mark the task as completed. Observers also don't get notified a task has been assigned to them. 

We don't want to make them Normal members because we don't want them to be able to create, move, or comment on cards.  Is it possible for the observer to mark their task as complete? Why be able to assign a task if the assignee can't mark it completed?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2020

This is the same way membership on cards works.  Observers cannot change things on a board (it is a read only memberhip) but you can put an observer as a member on a board, or add them to a checkitem.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2020

@Michael Pryor Can the observer use a Butler card button to move a card?

0 votes
WG Trello Admin June 9, 2021

If you get the observer to add a comment to the card, you can set up a butler automation to turn that comment into an action.

eg observer x posts comment "Task A complete" butler has a rule that says "if observer x comments "Task A complete" check checklist item "task A" and move card to list "Y"..etc

Keruchan September 17, 2021

I was looking for this.  There is too little information about settings and permissions on paid plan.

As if trello doesnt have any sales on them as almost nobody blogging it. Even reddit.. Almost none.

Does the comment command still works? And does attachment on comment works too?

I'm still on planning phase on building a board before signing up on premium. 

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2020

Because I do not have business class yet. I am wondering whether an observer can use a Butler card to move card into another list. Would you be able to confirm that? If it can then that will allow them to complete a test and move the card.

i am aware I have not have an answer to marking a task as complete. 

Martin Černý October 23, 2020

In my experience no, the observer does not see the card buttons.

It is a missing functionality in my view as the granularity of access rights is not flexible enough. It should be possible to grant the observer more rights (such as finishing his/her assigned tasks).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events