• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Tasks Assigned to Observers

We are able to assign tasks to observers but the observers are not able to mark the task as completed. Observers also don't get notified a task has been assigned to them. 

We don't want to make them Normal members because we don't want them to be able to create, move, or comment on cards.  Is it possible for the observer to mark their task as complete? Why be able to assign a task if the assignee can't mark it completed?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

This is the same way membership on cards works.  Observers cannot change things on a board (it is a read only memberhip) but you can put an observer as a member on a board, or add them to a checkitem.

@Michael Pryor Can the observer use a Butler card button to move a card?

Because I do not have business class yet. I am wondering whether an observer can use a Butler card to move card into another list. Would you be able to confirm that? If it can then that will allow them to complete a test and move the card.

i am aware I have not have an answer to marking a task as complete. 

In my experience no, the observer does not see the card buttons.

It is a missing functionality in my view as the granularity of access rights is not flexible enough. It should be possible to grant the observer more rights (such as finishing his/her assigned tasks).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

795 views 13 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you