Task reverts to original

Toby Price May 11, 2020

Hi. I opened a task this morning with a fair number of updates and first it showed me the up to date details. But when I opened the description, it reverted to the original task, with no changes in the last year in the tracking. It started synchronising with other devices. I managed to find an ipad and stopped that connecting to the internet, so could see and copy the correct version to a new task. I am now worried about whether Trello might do this with other tasks. Please can you help?

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2020

@Toby Price so do you mean a card? You can see a history of description changes by following these instructions:

https://help.trello.com/article/783-recovering-the-description-of-a-card-that-has-been-changed

Toby Price May 12, 2020

Thanks. It is not showing any data.old.desc. It just shows desc and datelastactivity (yesterday). The value in desc is the changed value, not the original value.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2020

@Toby Price can you try looking in the Board's activity feed to see if there were any card changes? Also what browser/device/platform was this on?

Toby Price May 13, 2020

Hi Iain. The board's activity feed show no changes to the description of the task (not sure it reports description changes?). This is latest chrome/PC/Windows. Don't spend time worrying about this, I thought it might be a known problem. I was able to get a backup from an offline device, so I am OK. Maybe I accidentally highlighted and deleted a section and then saved it somehow? Seems unlikely but possible.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events