Taking Slack chat fragment and associate them to Trello cards

Matan Itskovich April 18, 2017

Hi all.

Just installed the Trello bot on slack and was hoping to use it to import pieces of our team's chats into a specific Trello card.

However, our channels don't correspond to our cards. The Slack chat is divided differently. So a simply association of a channel to a card won't do.

Which instructions do I need to give my team in order for them to be able to take a segment of our discussion, on any channel, and import it to a specific card? Is that doable?

Appreciate the help!

-Matan

1 answer

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2017

Hi Matan,

Yes, there are some limitations to how you can interact between Slack and Trello, and in order to create new cards directly from Slack, you'd need to link a specific board to that channel.

However, in order to attach Slack conversations to a specific card, this isn't necessary! If you paste a link to a card on on any board in your team into a Slack channel with Trello Bot, the link will be recognized as Trello and unfurl. One of the action buttons that come up will allow you to attach the Slack conversation going on at that time, regardless of which board the channel is linked to.

Matan Itskovich April 20, 2017

Thank you. I experimented with what you suggested and it's a good start.

How do I control the date/time range of the attached conversation? On a test I just made I saw that the bot attached our conversation from the day before up to "now" point. 

Can I define a more accurate range in order to reduce garage messages?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events