Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing project boards with individual to-do list boards?

Kierra Campbell August 6, 2019

Hi

I have created a board called 'team to-do lists' in this board I have three lists, one for each team member

All other boards I have created are project boards e.g 'Xmas 19' and 'Website'. The lists in these boards are to-do lists specific to that project

What I would like to do, is build all the to-do lists under each project. And then allocate the jobs within each list to the person responsible for completing them, but so that the card shows up on their list in the 'team to-do lists' board

I would also like it to sync.

So here is  and example of how I imagine this would work....

E.G.

In board 'Website' i have a card that reads 'change homepage to 'x' design' and this job is the responsibility of Sarah to complete.

After building this card, I would like to link this to Sarah's to-do list so it shows up there without having to re-build it.

If later plans change and the card now needs to read 'change homepage to 'y' design' I should be able to edit this card in the 'website' board and it should automatically update in Sarah's to do list

Also - Sarah when looking at her to-do list might mark this card as complete. And archive it, and so the card is also archived in the 'Website' board

Make sense?

Any help or suggestions on how to manage my Trello this way would be best. Because of my business set up managing just by project or just by person is not enough both need to work together

Thanks

Kierra

2 answers

0 votes
Qasim August 14, 2019

Hi @Kierra Campbell

You can definitely accomplish this using Unito. We have a resource for you that will lead you through the steps to creating a Master Board in Trello (link below). 

How to Create a Master Board in Trello (Webinar/Tutorial):

http://bit.ly/2OB4oIa

Let me know if you have any more questions, or need any assistance! Glad to help out.

Best,

Unito 

0 votes
Teddy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2019

Hey Kierra! 

We don't currently support syncing natively, but there are a few third party Power-Ups that you might want to look into which do provide sync support. You can read more about those here: 

Mirror by U​nito
Cardsync
Board Sync by Unito

Dave Hochmuth August 14, 2019

I'm pretty sure Cardsync is dead. At least none of their webpages I tried would load nor did syncing work when I tried adding it to a new Trello team today. I don't know if cardsync on existing boards continues to work or not.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events