Support with Automated Cards and When Completed

Manraj Sandhu February 5, 2022

Hi there,

I am new to Trello and I'm trying to use it to organise my University work. In the screenshot attached you will see that I have two lists for lectures and tutorial work. I have set the due dates on them, for example:

"Work in Contemporary Society Lectures" with a due date 7/02/2022. I have also used "Repeats" to set up a repeat next Monday at 10am, repeating every week.

I want to know how if this is the correct way to set up so that once I have completed this week's lectures and I move them to my 'Done' list, will it automatically recreate under my 'Lectures' list at 10am on the 7/02/2022 and be due in for the week in advance as it currently is?

I fear that as it stands it will automatically recreate under my 'Done' list not the 'Lectures' list. I have already installed 'Repeats' add-on but if I need to access any additional add-ons please let me know.

Screenshot 2022-02-05 at 19.59.19.png

1 answer

0 votes
Lara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2022

Hi Manraj,

Thanks for reaching out!

That card will repeat and be recreated in the 'Lectures' list based on the schedule you've selected, however, the due date won't automatically change.

For context, Card Repeater makes an exact copy of the original card, and cards with due dates are not updated automatically as a result.

If you'd like that card's due date to also update when it's recreated, you could add a Butler rule to your workflow.

For example:

image.png

You can read more about that here: https://help.trello.com/article/1068-using-the-card-repeater-power-up

Please let us know if you have any other questions, and we'll be happy to help.

All the best,

Lara
The Trello Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events