Subscribed but no notification from email-to-board

jk64 September 13, 2017

I have set up my application to forward certain events to my trello board via Email-to-board.

I wanted to Subscribe to the list so that Trello would notify me when this occurs, but since the Email-to-board setting by definition creates the cards as "me" - which means that Trello thinks I don't need to be notified about these cards.

Suggested solutions:

(a) make it so that you can Subscribe to a list or a board and be notified even of events that you do yourself;

(b) make it so that cards created via Email-to-board trigger notifications to all subscribers, including the user that the Email-to-board created the card as.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Caity
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2017

Hi Jeffrey,

If you need to receive notifications when cards are added to the board via email, I'd suggest creating another Trello account and adding it to the board to act as a "bot". You can then use that account's email-to-board address instead so that it will be considered the creator of those cards. Then, you'll be able to receive notifications on your main account when those cards are added.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events