• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Struggling to understand pricing policy and continuity after upgrade

I'm a brand new user, wading through a pile of links and posts to try to understand pricing and upgrade policies.  I'm currently using the free trial of business class.  I would like to use my boards as resource and communication centers for private and group dog training clients.  Some private clients have the option of participating in a group class.  So they get a board of their own as a private client but would need to view class materials too.  My questions are:

1.  Does the free trial  of business class cover all my boards, or just the one I set up originally?

2.  Once my trial is over and I upgrade, is there any way to let people view multiple boards without my being charged extra (not members of any team).

3.  When I upgrade to business class, will all the documents and checklist I've attached to cards travel along and remain usable by people who already access those boards?

Thanks =:o

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley Community Leader Jun 10, 2020

@Wendy S_ Katz Business class applies to a team, so any boards created within a team that has been upgraded to Business Class (whether it's a trial or paid) will have Business class features, and these features will be available to all members of your team and single and multi-board guests with the exception of the Advanced Checklists feature which is available only to team members.

Any non-team member who is a member of more than one board in your Business Class team will be billed as a multi-board guest, at the same rate as your team members.

If you want people to have their own board, you can just create those as personal boards and invite them as members. Since those boards don't exist within a team, they won't have business class features (meaning they're limited to one power up, don't have advanced checklists and so on) BUT you can have a member on one of those boards, then add them as an observer/guest to another board that is part of your Business Class team, and you won't have to pay for them as a multi-board guest.

And yes everything will remain accessible to everyone when you upgrade to business class. Upgrading your team to business class adds features but doesn't change existing board membership and so on. It also has no impact on personal boards, or boards that are members of any other teams that you aren't upgrading to Business Class.

@Iain Dooley Brilliant.  Thank you so much.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

794 views 13 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you