Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strikethrough upon marking item "done"

Deleted user January 14, 2019

To use the calendar view, one must use the "due date" feature. I like this, but I don't like that it strikes through the title of the card once it is marked "done."

I want to be able to easily read the title of that card and the strikethrough makes it difficult.

Is there a way to turn this off or update the feature?

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2019

@[deleted] there's no way to modify that behaviour but a straightforward solution would be to use a label instead of completing the due date to indicate that something's been done

Deleted user January 15, 2019

I'm using it for the calendar feature not to indicate when something is done. That's the problem.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2019

@[deleted] I don't understand what you mean by "using it for the calendar feature".

Can you elaborate?

Deleted user January 17, 2019

The calendar is a power-up. If you don't use it this might not make sense.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2019

@[deleted] Yep the calendar power up is what I'm referring to.

When you mark a due date as complete, the only thing that happens in the calendar view is the strike through behaviour you're referring to.

So if you're viewing your board using the Calendar power up, there is no function of marking a due date complete other than to strike through the card (and this also might be used as an event to trigger some automation, or as a reporting tool).

Instead of marking the due date complete, you can instead add a "Done" label. Labels show in both the calendar and kanban view, and can also be used to trigger automations and for reporting purposes.

So what I'm saying is that if you dislike the way the interface presents a card in calendar view when a due date is marked as complete, you can just use a label to indicate when something is complete, rather than marking the due date as done.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events