Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop the Trello due dates from updating when the date passes

Polly Bryant November 2, 2018

I keep adding end dates for my projects, but when they become over due, the due dates change to be the present-day date and show in red. Instead of showing the original due date which gives an indication of how overdue they are? Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2018

@Polly Bryant I just did the following test:

1) Created a card

2) Set it due 1 minute in the future. The due date showed as yellow (due soon)

3) Made sure the card was closed (ie. looking at the "front" of the card not the "back")

4) Waited a minute (did 20 push ups and 2 sun salutations :)

5) The due date on the card went red and the date remained the same

Can you please try the same test and, if you observe that the due date changes in this case, click "Show Menu" in the top right and in the list of recent Activity look for one that shows the due date having been updated?

If you can see the due date changing when it is past due, and there is no Activity showing that the due date has been changed, can you please look at the same card on a different device (eg. iOS or Android app, different browser, different account with access to the same board etc.) to verify that the due date has changed.

If you can't reproduce the problem in this scenario, meaning that when the card shows as red and overdue "while you wait" but you don't see the due date change in realtime then something else is going on that is specific to the cases in which you've observed this outside of controlled conditions and we'll need to try and track down the possible cause of that.

Polly Bryant November 4, 2018

Hi @Iain Dooley

I tried your test. 

The card was set to today 17:35 and displayed as yellow as you suggested. However, before it had time to go red, it automatically updated to be tomorrow at 12:59pm. In the activity log, it said I did this, but I did not!

I can give you access if that helps?

Polly

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2018

@Polly Bryant okay my guess is that you set up some integration or power up long ago which you've since forgotten about but which is taking some action.

The simplest way to fix this would be to go into your Trello settings and under the "Applications" heading look for things that have access to your account, and revoke access to anything you're not using then test again.

If it still occurs, then revoke access to things you are using one by one until it stops the thing from happening, then reconnect the services you wish to use and email the support team for the product that is causing the issue.

Or if you don't actually need any plugins just revoke access to everything in that section and test that the behaviour has stopped, which would be much faster :)

Polly Bryant November 5, 2018

@Iain Dooley

Yes that worked - the problem is the BIg Picture power up which is a real shame as I wanted to see a gantt chart of all my projects in one place. 

Thanks for your help, 

Polly

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 5, 2018

@Polly Bryant check out Placker which is an incredible Gantt charting tool and has really snappy 2 way Trello integration:

https://placker.com/

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 5, 2018

@Polly Bryant BTW if you're happy with my response can you please mark the answer as accepted? Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events