Stop members from being added to a card

Sara Davis June 7, 2021

I've set up Butler so that when I send an email to a specific board, a checklist and certain labels are added. Ever since I enabled this, I'm seeing that myself and the board owner are added as members to each card, which I don't want. I can't see that there's a Butler action enabled for this - how do I stop this?  

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sara Davis June 8, 2021

I was seeing people added to a card before I added due dates. I added in an automation that takes the people off the cards, so that's solved it, I'm just curious as to what's triggering people being added. Ah, well, at least it's not happening anymore.

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2021

@Sara Davis in the card's activity feed, which user is adding the members to the card?

Sara Davis June 7, 2021

It's saying I did but that definitely isn't part of the automation that I created. 

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2021

Are you setting a due date in the automation?

Like Sara Davis likes this
Sara Davis June 8, 2021

I am

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2021

I think when you set a due date it automatically adds you to the card. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events