Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sort list by due date automation

Damian Perez July 20, 2020

Hi guys, there is a way to setup that all cards are sortled by due date ? even when i create a new one..   

looks like i need to sort them all the time i need to organize my due dates

thnx

Damian

1 answer

1 vote
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2020

Hi @Damian Perez 

You could do it with a Butler rule, but depending on how many times you add cards, it could be quite quota heavy.

You could have the trigger as: whenever a card is added to XYZ list

Then the action as: sort the list by due date descending/ascending

So it would run whenever a card was added, which, depending on the Trello subscription (or not) that you're on, could be really resource hungry!

Esme :)

Damian Perez July 22, 2020

Hi esme, so if i Creat this trigger, and pay for suscription, this kind of sortling will be unlimited on the suscription per user ? 

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2020

Hi @Damian Perez 

The only way to get unlimited use of Butler would be to opt for Enterprise, which has a minimum of 20 people to get started, at $210 each, which equals $4,200 per year minimum.

These are the Butler quotas for the different tiers:

Screenshot 2020-07-23 at 08.46.50.pngHere is the page that this information comes from Butler features and quotas 

Free and personal (which is Gold) are per person, and only an individual can upgrade their own account to Gold, no one else can do it on their behalf, it has to be done by them. 

Business is a whole team, although you can have a team of 1. At the moment, the pricing is $119.99 per person for Business Class. If you already have, say a free team with 3 people in it (at the team level), and you opt to upgrade that team to Business Class, you will be charged 3 x $119.99 - because there are 3 members, so I would urge caution if you're going to upgrade the whole team to BC, because it can be expensive quickly.

(Although BC pricing gets tricky for people who aren't familiar with it with 'team members' 'multi-board guests' and 'single board guests.' You have to upgrade the whole team (which can be just one person), but it is also possible to have single-board guests which aren't billable, but anyone who is on multiple boards, is a 'multi-board guest' and is billable at $119.99 per year)

I have 2 people in my Business Class team (the team as a whole, not multi-board guests), myself and my husband, and this is what we had yesterday:

Screenshot 2020-07-22 at 07.39.42.pngSo we had 1000 operations, plus 200 for myself and 200 for my husband, making 1400 and 2 x 5000 operations between us. 

The only way to get unlimited Butler is with Enterprise, there is no other way to get it. 

Hope that's helpful to you.

Esme :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events