Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sort completed list so most recently completed appears at top

Aaron Wright November 23, 2021

On my kanban i have a 'Completed' list. I want to sort this so the cards I have completed most recently appear at the top. I don't believe this is possible. The closest I can get is by sorting by 'due date' which has the cards I have completed most recently at the bottom. Can anyone clarify how if and how this can be done? Thanks Aaron

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Aaron Wright November 26, 2021

Hi Andrea, I have worked it out using the following:

every day, sort the list "Completed" by due date descending

Thanks for pointing in the right direction :) 

0 votes
Andrea Crawford
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2021

Hi Aaron, 

You could use an automation rule like the following: 

when the due date is marked as complete in a card, move the card to the top of the list

Do you have other lists on your board that you wouldn't want to sort this way? 

Aaron Wright November 25, 2021

Thanks Andrea, how can I apply this automation rule? Isyour answer code which I need to run somewhere?

Andrea Crawford
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2021

In the top right of your board, click the Automation button, then select Rules. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 11.01.03 AM.png

From there, click the "Create rule" button, then "Add trigger." Click "Dates" then click the plus button next to "

when the due date is marked as complete in a card

Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 11.04.34 AM.png
That will take you to the Actions menu where you click the plus button next to 

move the card to the top of the list

Click Save, and watch the magic next time you mark a date as complete 🙂
Let me know if you have any trouble with this. 

Aaron Wright November 26, 2021

Thanks Andrea, I've done that and it doesn't quite work how I wanted it.

When I have completed a card I move it to from 'In Progress' list to 'Completed' list. The 'Completed' list has lots of completed cards which I want to sort by default to the opposite order of due date. I can only sort by due date, is there a way of doing the reverse of this and having it remember it by default for the 'Completed' list?

I want to provide sight of the most recently completed cards. Is the only solution to arrange them manually and never click 'sort' of they will have to be rearranged? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events