Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sort archive by archive date

Brian Phillips January 25, 2022

I archive a list I call "Done (Week of xx.xx.xx)" each week. Sometimes I need to search for one I archived in the past, but the only way the archive is currently sorted is by name. Since I use dates in the name of the list, they get sorted by the first digit within their name (e.g. January is followed by October, since both months start with 1). So, that's not very helpful.

I don't think there's a way to sort it any other way, but would like to see another option. It would be especially helpful when I accidentally archive a list that I don't recall what I named it.

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2022

Hi @Brian Phillips ! Welcome to the community :) maybe I'm missing something, but could just format your dates like so?

01/01/21
10/01/21

So it would look like this:

Archive list order.PNG

Brian Phillips January 30, 2022

That looks like it might solve the sort by month issue. But, I forgot to mention that it also mixes the years together (i.e. "Done (Week of 01.01.2020)" would be followed by "Done (Week of 01.01.2021)", instead of "Done (Week of 01.8.2020)." I believe using your suggestion of using back slashes instead of periods would result in the same issue. So, providing some sort options, particularly one that sorts by date archived, would be the best solution.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2022

Ah, I see...maybe reformat the date so it's 2020.01.01 instead?? 😂 The other alternative I can think of is to use Butler to auto-move lists to an "Archive" board. That way, you can use this board to search through old archived cards and you can organize lists as you need. It would be cool to sort archived lists, though. You can reach out to Trello directly if you wanted to submit a feature request. 

Brian Phillips January 31, 2022

Thanks. That's a pretty good work around (creating an "archive" board). I'll start using that strategy and see if it suits my purposes. Good time to start, as it's still early in the year.

P.S. I tried to find the feature suggestion previously, and it looks like they've removed it. I looked again, using your link, and it's not an option right now.

Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2022

Cool, hope the archive board concept works! Happy to provide more details on how to auto-move cards into that board if you need. In terms of requesting features, you're right, I remember there being a dedicated place for requesting features. AFAIK, the way to go now is to just fill out the generic contact form via that link I sent with details around the feature you'd like to see and why it's important to you. 

Brian Phillips February 2, 2022

Thanks. I'll do that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events